We’re currently recruiting for a Driver / Warehouse Assistant. Come and join our fantastic warehouse team and help raise vital funds for lung cancer research.
- Job title: Driver/Warehouse Assistant
- Responsible to: Warehouse Manager
- Hours: Full Time- 37.5 hrs per week
- Salary: £8.21 per hour
Managing our furniture deliveries and collections; planning deliveries and collections to set routes in the North West area. Managing house to house collections program to achieve set targets. Responsibility for all areas of delivery of donated/corporate and culled stock. Achieve high standards of service to shop and customers alike. To provide excellent customer service. Carrying out general warehouse duties.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Collect and deliver furniture/donations.
- To pick up and deliver corporate stock as directed.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed and returned accurately to shop managers/head office.
- To ensure all Health & Safety checks are carried out on the van on a monthly basis and report any maintenance issues.
- To ensure vehicles are kept clean and maintained.
- To train volunteers on good practice on all aspects of van operation.
- To ensure a high level of customer care is maintained in all aspects of van operation and shop managers and shop volunteer teams.
- All aspects of warehouse work from administration to lifting and handling goods.
- The sorting and distribution of donated items.
- Person Specification
Education / qualifications / knowledge
- Numerate and literate E
- Knowledge of the principles of good customer care E
- Works effectively with others towards common goals and targets E
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace E
- Knowledge of the North West area E
- Working with the public/Customer service E
- Working with volunteers D
- Working in a target driven environment D
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work on own initiative E
- Able to plan and prioritise workload E
- Excellent time management skills E
- Clean driving licence E
- Self starter, motivated and positive E
- Enjoys working as part of a team and sharing success E
- Flexible attitude towards work E
- Prepared to travel throughout the geographical area identified as required E
- Having suitable physical condition E
- Reliability E
- Good communication skills E
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to apply.