You’ll also be able to ‘lend a hand’ repairing a section of the Wall that is currently being reconstructed. You’ll place your brick in this newly restored section, ensuring our own place in the Great Wall of China Trek!
The challenge is run by tour operator Global Adventure Challenges and takes approximately seven days. This trek has been designed to be challenging, so you will need to fitness train beforehand. You will be trekking for five days in fairly hot temperatures, so the fitter you are, the more you will enjoy this challenge.
There are certain parts of this challenge that are particularly hard, due to the amount of steps you will trek up and down each day – it can sometimes take an hour to trek just one km on this ancient structure! Another highlight is to conquer the 1,000 steps up to the wall at Mutianyu , which culminates with the ascent of the ‘Heavenly Ladder’
There are two different payment options for this challenge:
OPTION A – Raising a Minimum Sponsorship
- You will be required to pay a registration fee (around £349) to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation (£2,598).
- 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be in the account at least 11 weeks prior to the departure date of the Challenge. All outstanding sponsorship MUST be sent to the Charity within six weeks of completing the Challenge.
- Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation will be invoiced by Global for the remaining balance of the Challenge ten weeks prior to your departure.
OPTION B – Self-Funding Option
- You will be required to send your registration form to Global Adventure Challenges, together with the Registration Fee.
- 11 weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to you for the cost of the Challenge (£1,299).
- Although there is no minimum sponsorship required, you can, if you wish, raise additional funds for RCLCF.
Here To Help
Here at Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, we know that taking on an overseas challenge can be costly and a huge commitment. If you feel that you are unable to afford the registration fee in one payment, Global Adventure Challenges now offers you the option to pay in two instalments over two months. Simply enter the code INSTALL2 at the payment page and your registration fee will be halved and the second instalment will be taken from your account after your next pay day.
To register for this challenge of a lifetime taking on the Great Wall of China Trek, please click the “Register Now” button . You will then be directed to Global Adventure Challenges official website to pay your registration fee. You can also use code RC50 to receive £50 off your registration fee!
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org