Lung cancer nurse specialists
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation recognises the vital role lung cancer nurse specialists (LCNS) play during a patient’s diagnosis, treatment and care.
We are here to work with and support LCNS and their patients. This includes:
- Access to lung cancer literature
- Support group facilitator training
- Automatic distribution of Inspire magazine
- Lung cancer nurse bursary?
- Lung cancer awareness month (LCAM) campaign pack
- Lung cancer information days
- Free will writing service.
Setting up a support group
If you are a lung cancer nurse specialist and want to set up a lung cancer support group, we can offer practical advice and administrative support to help you run your group.
We can help with the following:
- Performing a patient/carer needs assessment
- Finding an appropriate venue
- Providing publicity posters and flyers
- Providing funding of up to £30 per month towards venue and/or refreshments
- Providing a comprehensive facilitator pack.
We can also put you in touch with other facilitators who currently run support groups, who will be able to help answer your questions.
“I value to the contact as I live alone.”Member of our County Durham support group
Set up your own Lung Cancer Support Group
Do something amazing and help more lung cancer patients in your areaRead More
We run a fully funded two-day accredited training programme for lung cancer nurse specialists which is open to all our support group facilitators. The training will help to equip you with expert skills to facilitate your group and also provides a fantastic opportunity for you to network with nurse facilitators from throughout the UK.
For more information about setting up a support group, or for facilitator training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org