1. The promoter of the Prize Draw is Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation (“The charity”), registered charity in England and Wales (1046854) and Scotland (SC037596). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 3059625. Registered office: Cotton Exchange Building, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9LQ.
2. Entrants must be at least 18 years old and based in the UK to enter. The charity reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible. If the winning entrant is found to be ineligible, the charity reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
3. All entries must be received by 11.59pm on the closing date of Tuesday 1st September. The draw will take place on Tuesday 15th September. All people who enter the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation 80s Retro Run or the Retro Running Series will be automatically entered into the prize draw. Each person will receive an additional entry for the following reasons:
– Sharing the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation 80s Retro Run through social media. To gain your entry, either screenshot your shared post to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation in your post
– Setting up a Just Giving Page and receiving at least one donation
4. Two people will be drawn by an independent person. The first person will receive a place in the 2021 London Marathon and the second person drawn will receive a place in the 2021 Great North Run. If the event does not take place in 2021, your place will roll over to when the event takes place. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions including travel and accommodation. The prize stated is non-exchangeable or non-transferable. Neither the charity nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated charities or companies make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
6. In the event that, for reasons beyond the charity’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, the charity is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the charity reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature.
7. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the charity of any other third parties concerned in any way with this Prize Draw.
8. The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants by the charity and witnessed by an independent person and filmed. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 15th September 2020. The winner will be notified by telephone if possible or email if we don’t have the details. All charity’s decision in relation to the Prize Draw are final in all matters and the charity will not enter into any correspondence other than with the winner(s).
9. If a winner has not claimed their prize by Wednesday 30th September 2020 the charity reserves the right to award the prize to another participant chosen by the charity.
10. By entering the Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by the charity for the purposes of administration of the Prize Draw and prize.
11. The charity reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the charity that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither the charity nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated charities or businesses are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the charity to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of prizes in transit to the winner.
12. Save where it has been negligent, the charity will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. The charity will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries.
13. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in the charity’s determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the charity and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at the charity’s sole discretion.
14. By participating in the Prize Draw, you agree to release and hold the charity, its subsidiary and affiliated charities and companies, together with their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with participating in the Prize Draw or resulting from your acceptance or use of the prize, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the charity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
15. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.