Step into Summer Fundraising Tips
Each pound you raise at Step into Summer will fund life-changing research into early detection of lung cancer. Money raised will also fund our support services that help people living with lung cancer, such as our Ask the Nurse helpline and our information days across the UK.
Here are some tips to help you raise the most you can for your Step into Summer walk and people affected by lung cancer:
Using online fundraising pages are a great way to fundraise, and it’s easy! It couldn’t be simpler to set up a JustGiving page for your Step into Summer walk:
- Create your account on JustGiving
- Select Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation as your charity
- Add a photo – JustGiving pages with a picture on their page raise 14% more
- Tell your story – Share why you are walking for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
- Aim high – Pages that have a fundraising target set raise up to 46% more. The average walker raises £160. Why not set this as your target?
- Tell the world – share your page on social media and email. People will love to hear about the fundraising that you are doing
There are so many other ways you can fundraise for your Step Into Summer walk to make sure you reach – or even exceed – your fundraising target. You can have loads of fun too! All while raising vital funds for lung cancer research and support services.
Raise money with friends and family
Step into Summer is a great opportunity to get together with family and friends to fundraise for people affected by lung cancer. Hosting a film night, quiz, or a games night are easy ways to fundraise for your walk.
Fundraise at work or school
The clue is in the name, fundraising should be FUN! There are several ways to fundraise at work or school, such as; a bake sale, a dress down day – where colleagues can pay a fee to wear casual clothes to work, or what about auctioning off your skills to your work mates – unlimited tea and coffee anyone?
Paying in sponsorship
If you choose to fundraise online, the funds will be sent directly to us – you don’t need to do anything else!
If you have collected cash to add to your fundraising total, it’s quick and easy to pay in direct to us. You can either pay directly into the bank, donate via our website or send a cheque. Head to our Paying In Your Money page for more information.