Patient grants

A Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation Patient Grant is a one off payment of up to £175 awarded to people with lung cancer.

Please submit your grant as normal. However their may be an additional two week delay due to delivery and processing issues.

Grants can be used for a wide range of practical needs, such as: help with bills, towards a short break, or a piece of household equipment which would make life easier.

As we have a limited amount of funding available in the year 2018, grants will be awarded on a ‘first come’ basis.

Who can apply for a Patient Grant?

You can apply for a Patient Grant if you have lung cancer and are still affected by the disease or its treatment, and meet the following requirements:

Savings amount to no more than £6,000 for a single person or £8,000 for a couple or family.

- AND -

Household disposable income (this means the total amount left once you have paid your mortgage or rent, council tax, insurance, child maintenance and water rates) is under:

  • £170 a week for a single person + £85 a week for each dependent child
  • £289 a week per couple + £85 a week for each dependent child

Note: Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance do not count as disposable income.

How do I apply for a Patient Grant?

You will need to apply for a Patient Grant through your Lung Cancer CNS (Clinical Nurse Specialist). They can help you complete the form before signing and returning it to Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.

We will notify you as to whether your application has been approved; if successful, payment will be made into your bank account within ten working days.

Application forms can be downloaded here: download an application form or contact Linda Dornan on 0333 323 7200 or

Was this helpful?   
Yes (167)
No (246)
Contact us
Call us now 0333 323 7200