Become a Patient or Carer Advocate
You don't just have to fundraise to support Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation. If you are a lung cancer patient, have had lung cancer in the past or have cared for someone with lung cancer, we would love you to become one of our patient and carer advocates.
Our advocates help our charity immensely and there are many different ways in which you can get involved including:
- Sharing your story with us on our website, Inspire magazine or social media channels
- Becoming a speaker at one of our Lung Cancer Information Days
- Running a lung cancer awareness stall at your local hospital
- Sharing your lung cancer story through a patient film
- Having your photos taken for one of our publications
Joining our Reader panel
Reader panel members are asked to read and provide feedback, a few times a year, on all aspects of our information publications. This helps us to make sure that things like the content, language, style and format of our information are clear, informative and easy to read. It also helps us to identify additional topics to cover in the information we provide
- Getting involved in local committees and consultation to shape and influence NHS services
- Supplying our information to your local hospital, Information centre, GP Practice or Community venues such as your local library.
For more information about becoming a charity advocate, please contact our Involvement Officer, David Walker, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 323 7200 (extension 9206).