Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China Trek is a fantastic 5 day hike along this awesome man made structure. This challenge will take you over watch towers and mountains, through historic battlement stations that are well off the tourist trail – there are many sections during this charity challenge where you’ll feel the Great Wall is for you only, with no-one else in sight. Rest assured, the Great Wall provides a fantastic backdrop to some fantastic trekking!
You’ll also be able to ‘lend a hand’ repairing a section of the Wall that is currently being reconstructed. You will place your brick in this newly restored section, ensuring our own place in the Great Wall of China!
The challenge is ran by tour operator Global Adventure Challenges and takes approximately 7 days. This trek has been designed to be challenging, you will need to fitness train beforehand. You will be trekking for 5 days in fairly hot temperatures so the fitter you are, the more you will enjoy this challenge. There are certain parts of this challenge that are particularly hard, due to the amount of steps you will trek up and down each day – it can sometimes take an hour just to trek 1km on this glorious structure! Another highlight of this challenge is to conquer the 1,000 steps up to the wall at Mutianyu – culminating with the ascent of the ‘Heavenly Ladder’.
There are two different payment options for this challenge:
OPTION A – Raising a Minimum Sponsorship
- You will be required to pay a registration fee (around £349) to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation (£2,598).
- 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be in the account at least 11 weeks prior to the departure date of the Challenge. All outstanding sponsorship MUST be sent to the Charity within six weeks of completing the Challenge.
- Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation will be invoiced by Global for the remaining balance of the Challenge 10 weeks prior to departure.
OPTION B – Self-Funding Option
- You will be required to send your registration form to Global Adventure Challenges, together with the Registration Fee.
- 11 weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to you for the cost of the Challenge (£1,299).
- Although there is no minimum sponsorship required, you can, if you wish, raise additional funds for RCLCF.
Here at Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, we know that taking on an overseas challenge can be costly and a huge commitment. If you feel that you are unable to afford the registration fee in one payment, Global Adventure Challenges now offers you the option to pay in two instalments over two months. Simply enter the code INSTALL2 at the payment page and your registration fee will be halved and the second instalment will be taken from your account after your next pay day.
To register for this challenge of a lifetime, please click the "Register Now" button at the top or bottom of the page. You will then be directed to Global Adventure Challenges official website to pay your registration fee. You can also use code RC50 to receive £50 off your registration fee!
For further information contact email@example.com