Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest freestanding mountain in the world and also the highest mountain on the African continent at 5896m, is a magnet for trekkers and climbers the world over. Its snow-capped summit raises high above the dusty African plains; huge permanent glaciers flow down from the summit, spectacular views and beautiful ice formations are the reward for pushing your limits both physically and mentally.
This trek takes you along the beautiful Machame route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the south, through dense tropical rainforest all the way up to the mighty snow capped summit.
The challenge is open to anyone over the age of 18 and takes approximately 11 days. This trek has been designed to be challenging, you will need to fitness train beforehand. You will be trekking for 7 days in varied temperatures. The fitter you are, the more you will enjoy this challenge.
There are two different payment options for this challenge:
OPTION A – Raising a Minimum Sponsorship
- You will be required to pay a registration fee (around £449) to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation (£4,100).
- 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be in the account at least 11 weeks prior to the departure date of the Challenge. All outstanding sponsorship MUST be sent to the Charity within six weeks of completing the Challenge.
- Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation will be invoiced by Global for the remaining balance of the Challenge 10 weeks prior to departure.
OPTION B – Self-Funding Option
- You will be required to send your registration form to Global Adventure Challenges, together with the Registration Fee.
- 11 weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to you for the cost of the Challenge (£2,050).
- Although there is no minimum sponsorship required, you can, if you wish, raise additional funds for RCLCF.
- All meals will be provided on trek. All dietary requirements are catered for (please do let GAC know on the registration form)
- All main luggage will be transported by porters. You will need a small kit bag to carry items such as water, sunscreen and camera.
- All accommodation is also included, In Moshi you will be staying in a lodge and whilst on trek you will be camping – all tents and camping equipment will be provided but participants are expected to bring their own sleeping bags. Thin sleeping mats will be provided but for a more comfortable sleep you will need to bring/hire an air mat (Thermarest).
Please note there will be a charge for airport taxes and fuel surcharge.
To register for this challenge of a lifetime, please click the date of the event you wish to take part in. You will then be directed to Global Adventure Challenges official website to pay your registration fee.
Here at Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, we know that taking on an overseas challenge can be costly and a huge commitment. If you feel that you are unable to afford the registration fee in one payment, Global Adventure Challenges now offers you the option to pay in two instalments over two months. Simply enter the code INSTALL2 at the payment page and your registration fee will be halved and the second instalment will be taken from your account after your next pay day.
To register for this challenge of a lifetime, please click the "Register Now" button at the top or bottom of the page. You will then be directed to Global Adventure Challenges official website to pay your registration fee. You can also use code RC50 to receive £50 off your registration fee!
For more information, please contact email@example.com