Individual Giving Fundraising Officer
Job Title: Individual Giving Fundraising Officer
Reporting to: Head of Events and Individual Giving
Accountable to: Deputy Chief Executive
Salary: £18k-£24k (dependent on experience)
To maximise income from the portfolio of existing Individual Giving activities. To work to an agreed fundraising strategy and adopt a project management approach to the delivery of a comprehensive mix of projects that are both sustainable, income generating and in keeping with the ethos of the charity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Make a proactive and creative contribution to the development of Individual Giving, including in memoriam giving and payroll giving in order to achieve agreed targets.
• Work to a project management based framework in the planning, promotion and delivery of projects and campaigns.
• Be the first point of contact for supporters, requests and queries relating to individual giving, in memoriam giving and payroll giving.
• Manage and attend events such as ‘Celebrate a Life’, managing all aspects of on-line and off-line giving, increasing giving and promoting the name of the Foundation.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally in order to increase lifetime giving.
• Ensure supporters receive the appropriate level of communication to ensure they feel supported and valued.
• Develop the Charity’s Tribute Funds, concentrating on recruitment and retention of supporters, creating milestones for supporters to aim for and create lasting relationships.
• Manage the Charity’s two raffle campaigns that take place in May and December.
• Ensure all income is accurately allocated and recorded and all supporters’ information is captured on the database.
• Present supporters with further fundraising opportunities.
• Look for marketing opportunities and organise distribution of promotional materials.
• Work within the wider fundraising team, including volunteers, in order to help meet the overall fundraising target.
• Undertake any other tasks as determined by the Head of Events and Individual Giving.
Position: Individual Giving Fundraising Officer
• Good oral and written communication skills E
• Ability to produce accurate work E
• Good level of numeracy E
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines (with supervision) E
• Self-motivated E
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word E
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel E
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge D
• Educated to O level/GCSE standard or equivalent D
• Fundraising experience (could be in a voluntary capacity) E
• Experience of working under pressure E
• Experience of organising a campaign D
• Good personal presentation E
• Capable of maintaining confidentiality E
• Flexible attitude to work E
• Able to work as part of a team E
• Friendly and professional manner in all dealings with the public E
• Able to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds E
• Commitment to equal opportunities E
• Commitment to the work of Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation E
• Willingness to travel E
• Full Driving licence D
Benefits package includes:
• 30 days holiday each year, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
• Lifestyle Benefits Platform
• Flexible working
• Travel Loan Scheme
To apply for this role send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org